Delicious and unusual carrot jam
Carrots can be not only useful, but also tasty, especially if you make an unusual jam from it. And it is quite possible and very simple!
How to cook an unusual, tasty and very useful carrot jam? Explore interesting and simple recipes and choose the most suitable.
To cook carrot jam with a classic recipe, prepare the following ingredients:
- 1 kilogram of carrots (it is better to use young, but ripe);
- 1,200 grams of granulated sugar;
- 1.5 glasses of water;
- one or two bags of vanillin;
- a little citric acid (you can not add).
Description of the cooking process:
- First you need to make a syrup. Just dissolve a kilogram of sugar (the rest will be needed later) in water, bring the mixture to a boil and boil for five minutes.
- Peel the carrots, cut into thin strips or slices and cover with hot syrup. Next, boil the mixture for another five to seven minutes to make the carrots soft.
- Let the mixture stand for 7-9 hours or leave it overnight.
- Put the tank on the fire, pour in the remaining sugar. Cook the jam until it becomes thick, and the carrots - translucent.
- Add vanillin and citric acid to taste and either close the jam for the winter, or cool it a little and eat it.
Carrot and lemon jam
No less tasty will get carrot jam with lemon. For its preparation will require:
- 300-400 grams of carrots;
- 1.5 cups sugar;
- 1 large lemon.
- First chop the carrots. You can cut it into strips or thin circles, and you can grate or skip through a meat grinder. Lemon must also be crushed, and straight from the peel, it will give a nice aroma to the jam.
- Next, chop the carrots into a saucepan and add sugar. Remember everything and leave for an hour to begin to stand out juice. Capacity put on the fire, bring the mixture to a boil and enter into it a lemon.
- Boil everything for about twenty minutes. During this time, the lemon will give the juice, and the sugar is completely dissolved, forming a syrup. Additionally, you do not need to add water, liquid will be enough thanks to lemon juice.
- If you want to get confiture, then at this stage, chop the jam using a blender or meat grinder.
- Then again bring the composition to a boil, spread it over the jars and proceed to the sunset.
Carrot and apple jam
Try to make fragrant and tasty carrot jam with apples. The list of ingredients includes the following:
- 300 grams of ripe and juicy apples;
- 200-250 grams of carrots;
- 400 grams of granulated sugar;
- 1 small lemon.
- Apples need to be washed well, and then cut into slices or cubes. If the skin is dense, then it can be cleaned. Clean the carrots, wash and rub them on a medium or large grater.
- Mix apples with carrots, pour them into sugar and mix them vigorously. Leave the mixture for a few hours, so that it gives off the juice, and the sugar begins to dissolve.
- Lemon or grate on a grater, or chop in a blender and enter into the carrot-apple mixture. The skin should not be cleaned, it will give a unique flavor.
- Now put the container with all the ingredients on the fire and boil the composition for about 40-50 minutes after boiling. Jam should make a thick, jam-like jam.You can immediately close it for the winter or store it in the refrigerator.
Fragrant carrot and orange jam with ginger and cinnamon
This recipe will especially please lovers of spices, because they are part of the composition. The following components are required for cooking:
- 500 grams of carrots;
- one or two oranges;
- one medium-sized lemon;
- 500-600 grams of granulated sugar;
- 1 medium-sized ginger root (approximately 70-100 grams);
- a pinch of cinnamon.
- Crush carrots in any way, for example, rubbed on a grater or minced. And if you have recently made carrot juice, you can use the cake left after it has been prepared, it is also quite suitable.
- Lemon should be finely chopped. It is better to rub the rind and zest on a grater, so that it gives flavor to the jam, but it is almost not felt in it. Do the same with the orange. Ginger root should also be grated.
- Next, combine all the ingredients and add sugar to them.
- The mixture is boiled after boiling for half an hour. If the juice is not enough, you can add some water. At the very end, enter the cinnamon in jam and close it.
Some useful recommendations for beginners and experienced hostesses:
- How to make jam tasty and bright? To do this, use a young, but fully ripe carrots. And the best to choose sweet varieties, they have excellent taste.
- Do not forget to wash the carrots well. In addition, it is desirable to remove from it the top coarsened layer, although if it is thin and delicate, this is not required.
- To preserve the maximum of useful substances in carrots, do not subject it to long-term heat treatment. But in this case, it is desirable to chop it well, then it will be quite soft.
- Try experimenting with the composition of the jam and enter into it different ingredients, for example, berries, fruits.
Be sure to try to cook the jam, to appreciate its brightness and unusual taste.
Thick Rope Stand
Christmas angel from shells with your own hands
Alta Vinyl Siding Profile
How to set up mms on a PDA
How to make a spinner