Goji berries and their amazing properties
Surely you've heard a lot about goji berries. Almost everyone talks about them, and some talk about miraculous properties. Is it true? Are these little red berries really so useful? Let's figure it out!
What it is?
Goji berries are the fruits of the plant of the family of nightshade. Berries have a red color and an oblong shape. The taste of the fruit is sweet and sour, quite pleasant. Eat berries both fresh and dried (the last option is most common). The Russian name of the fruit is barberry.
For the first time in the world, such berries became known thanks to Tibetan scientists, who for the first time declared their amazing properties. Some have called them "the fruit of longevity," and this is no accident. Today, goji is growing in China, Tibet, the Himalayas, Mongolia and some other places.
The benefits of berries are due to their rich and unique composition. It includes the most valuable polysaccharides (they, by the way, are rarely found in products), B vitamins, vitamin E, calcium, phosphorus, iron, zinc and many other minerals, as well as micro and macro elements.There are amino acids necessary for all people (there are 18 of them all, and this is more than in royal bee pollen) and much, much more.
The beneficial properties of the fruits are so numerous that it will take a long time to list them. Here are some of them:
- Since there are antioxidants, the negative effect of free radicals on the body tissues is neutralized due to their activity. As a result, firstly, the formation and growth of cancer cells is prevented, and, secondly, aging processes are slowed down.
- These are the real fruits of youth! The substances contained here stimulate the production of growth hormone in the anterior pituitary glands. And this hormone not only promotes cell regeneration, but also stimulates brain activity, promotes weight loss, and even enhances libido.
- With regular use strengthens the immune system. You will feel refreshed, feel a surge of strength and almost no longer get sick.
- If you eat several berries every day, you can normalize your blood pressure and avoid sudden jumps.
- The active ingredients of the berries promote the excretion of the so-called harmful cholesterol, as well as prevent the formation of cholesterol plaques, protecting against atherosclerosis.
- Small amounts of goji fruits can smoothly reduce blood sugar levels, and also normalize the production of insulin, which makes it possible to improve the condition in the first stages of diabetes.
- The substances contained here promotes an increase in the level of testosterone in men, which favorably affects the potency and libido.
- When sleep disorders are also recommended to eat these fruits. By the way, goji has a positive effect on the entire central nervous system. Due to this, mood improves, depression passes.
- These berries help to lose weight. But more about this below.
- Vision improves.
- The active substances of the fruit strengthen the walls of blood vessels and heart muscle.
- Scientists have proved that goji can influence DNA and prevent mutational changes.
- Fruits not only prevent anemia, but also positively affect the composition of the blood as a whole. Blood is diluted, blood circulation improves.
- Improves the work of the liver.
- The fruits have a positive effect on the female reproductive system: they normalize the cycle, make menstruation less painful, increase the chance of conception.
- For digestion goji is also very, very useful.
We reduce weight with goji berries
Are goji berries good for weight loss? Yes, of course, and this was proved in the course of experiments and research. People who regularly and in moderation consumed the fruit, lost weight much faster than others. Due to what is this provided?
- First, metabolism is accelerated. A normal metabolism - an important point of losing weight, it is often his slowdown and leads to weight gain.
- Secondly, with regular use, the level of glucose in the blood is normalized, which affects the appetite and reduces it. Due to this, the volumes of servings are reduced, and those extra pounds gradually disappear.
- Thirdly, these unique fruits act on the absorption of fats and carbohydrates. All this is spent on energy needed for the body. This is especially important with an excess of carbohydrates and fats, in which case the surplus goes straight to the reserve and forms fat deposits in problem areas.
- Fourth, since berries are rich in vitamins, minerals and other utilities, even if you follow a diet, your body will receive everything you need, which is extremely important.
It is worth noting that if you eat these useful berries daily,but at the same time continue to eat in the usual way and consume large quantities of sweet, flour, fat, and so on, there will be no effect Therefore, you should reduce the number of "hazards." Better yet, among other things, lead an active lifestyle and play sports. And then you will definitely see the result.
Are these berries harmful?
Harm of berries is possible only with abuse. In this case, some side effects are possible:
- If you are taking anticoagulants, then beware of bleeding.
- With abuse, digestive disorders are possible: diarrhea, flatulence, abdominal pain.
- With prolonged use in large doses, you may experience sleep problems and difficulty falling asleep.
There are certain contraindications:
- Increased body temperature.
- The period of lactation and pregnancy (you should consult with your doctor).
- Allergy or idiosyncrasy.
- Some diseases of the digestive system.
- You should be careful with hypotension and hypertension, as well as diabetes.
In any case, before use, it is best to ask the doctor for advice.
How to use?
How to take goji berries? There are several ways:
- The fruits are very tasty, so you can eat them fresh (if you can buy them in this form). In this case, the daily rate will be 50-60 grams. It is best to divide the entire volume into 2-3 parts and use it by handful before eating.
- Most often, fruits are sold in dried form. In a day you can eat no more than 30 grams.
- Dried goji has a spicy pleasant taste, so you can use them as a seasoning for various dishes. Add berries to meat and vegetable dishes, cereals, soups and more.
- If you often drink tea, add a few berries per cup and enjoy the aroma and taste.
- Tasty and useful tea with such fruits. To prepare it, prepare two tablespoons of dried fruit and fill them with two cups of boiling water, and then leave to infuse for half an hour or an hour. Drink the drink and drink throughout the day instead of regular tea.
- Do you want to strengthen the immune system and increase vitality? Then make the tincture. 50 grams of dried goji pour 500 milliliters of vodka (or diluted in equal proportions with water of alcohol).Cover the container with a lid and store in a cool and dark place for a week. After a week, strain the infusion and consume daily a tablespoon in the evening and morning.
- You can also make a delicious wine drink. Take a bottle of your favorite wine (preferably red), uncork it, add 4-5 tablespoons of fruit (you can use both fresh and dried), and then reinsert the cork in the neck and remove the bottle for two months. After a specified time, you can enjoy a drink.
Where to buy? How much is?
Where to buy goji berries? First, they can be ordered online. But trust only proven online stores, read customer reviews (it is better to contact a few and chat to understand what the opinions are real).
Secondly, try to get the fruits in a pharmacy, so you can protect yourself from fakes. But look for large institutions with specialized departments of diet, in small pharmacies there are hardly any goji pharmacies.
How much is goji? On average, the price is 1600 rubles (for Ukraine - 398 UAH).
3D Origami 3D Greeting Card
How to make portals in Minecraft
Tip 3: Leader Psychology
LLC Furniture Trade: the ideal furniture for living
How to remove the gum from clothes with an iron, hair dryer, ice