How to cook traditional beshbarmak?
Beshbarmak is considered a national dish among many Turkic peoples: Kyrgyz, Kazakhs, Bashkirs, Tatars and Uzbeks prepare this traditional dish from time immemorial. The main ingredients of the dish are meat (lamb, horsemeat or beef), noodles in the form of large lozenges and onions.
The inventor beshbarmak was nomads who, because of their mobile way of life, did not use cutlery. Hence the name, which literally translates from Kyrgyz as "five fingers" ("besh" - five, "barmak" - finger).
It should be noted that modern descendants of nomads often prefer to take food instead of a fork with their hands, while claiming that it is so much tastier. This is one of the features of the meal of the eastern peoples of Central Asia.
Beshbarmak decorates any holiday table, it is prepared for the reception of dear guests. The dish is served in one common plate, on the bottom of which they spread boiled thin dough diamonds, put meat slices on top, and pour on fat sauce with onions.Before each guest they put a bowl, pour into it a rich broth, which is obtained as a result of cooking meat.
Exquisite classic dish of the East
Many housewives who are going to cook the dish for the first time, which is considered national in other countries, ask the traditional question: “How to cook the food so that it comes out as original and tasty?” For this, it is desirable to find a recipe that will thoroughly reveal all the secrets of creation. It is our version of the step-by-step detailed manual that will allow you to create a classic version of beshbarmak in Kazakh in your kitchen.
We will need the following ingredients:
- lamb (preferably on the bone, so that the broth was rich) - 800 g;
- beef or horse meat - 700 gr;
- horse meat sausage - 300 g;
- onions - 4 pcs .;
- carrots - 1 pc .;
- allspice - 7 peas;
- bay leaf - 2 pcs .;
- parsley - 1 bunch;
- dill - 1 bunch;
- salt - to taste;
- black pepper - to taste.
For the preparation of thin dough is necessary:
- flour - 500 g;
- water or meat broth - 0.5 cups;
- egg - 2 pieces;
- salt - on the tip of a knife.
First you need to prepare the meat. Rinse it well in running water, cut off all tendons, films, and it is better to leave the fat for more rich broth.Put all the pieces in a saucepan or cauldron, completely fill with cold water and set on medium heat.
Bring to a boil, remove the foam, reduce the temperature. If the meat of a young animal is boiled, then 2 hours is enough for its full preparation. In the case when the pulp of adult cattle is bought, then it will take about 4-5 hours to cook it.
To make the broth more delicious, you can add a whole peeled onion and carrots to it. 30 minutes before the end of cooking, put allspice, bay leaf and salt in water. Fat will appear during cooking and must be collected in a small saucepan.
When the meat is cooked, it is taken out, cut off from the bones and cut into medium pieces. Vegetables and spices are removed from the broth, filtered through it to transparency. In the Kazakh cuisine, meat broth is called sorpa.
For such an unusual, but simple sauce, cut into half rings 3 onions. Fat collected in advance in a saucepan, put on a slow fire, pour the prepared onion, which we cook for 7 minutes, add salt and ground black pepper. Our sauce is ready!
We make sochni from dough
It is necessary to sift the flour, which we then pour into a convenient container with a slide, make a recess where we pour in the beaten eggs, add water or cooled sorp, we add salt.Knead the dough so that it is not too steep. Then from it we roll out thin plates (sochni) 1-2 mm thick. Next, give the dough to dry slightly and cut it into strips, and then into rhombs of 7 x 7 cm.
The next step is to boil the juice in a boiling strained broth for several minutes. Be sure to ensure that the dough is not digested. We fold the finished sauces into a colander and mix with a small amount of “Tudzik” sauce.
The final and important chord is the correct supply of beshbarmak on the table. To do this, we need a large, shallow dish, on which we lay out the cooked juices, pour the meat and chopped sausage on top, and then pour everything over with sauce and sprinkle with chopped greens.
Sorpa is poured separately into bowls or small deep plates. For greater similarity with the color of the East, try to give up the plug and take beshbarmak with your hands. Bon Appetit!
Create a Slavic taste
The classic version of beshbarmak is made from: lamb, horse meat, beef or camel meat. Ideally, all 4 types of meat are used.But in Russian cuisine preference is given to pork and chicken. Therefore, you can safely cook beshbarmak Slavic, using lamb meat of a young pig or chicken instead of lamb. To improve the taste of the dish and add nutritional value to it, we will add potatoes to the recipe. And so that beshbarmak turned out to be not so high-calorie, take poultry meat for cooking.
Prepare the following components:
- chicken (shin or thighs) - 1 kg;
- potatoes - 1 kg;
- onions - 3 pcs .;
- carrots - 1 pc .;
- ready-made flat bread for beshbarmak - 150 g;
- parsley - 1 bunch;
- dill - 1 bunch;
- garlic - 2 cloves;
- butter - ½ packs;
- sunflower oil - 2 tbsp. spoons;
- black pepper - to taste;
- salt - to taste.
- Before cooking, we wash the chicken meat, then fill it with water and set it on fire. After boiling, remove the foam, reduce the temperature. Add the purified bulb and carrots to the water.
- My potatoes, clean, cut into large slices. 20 minutes after the water boiled with meat, put black pepper, salt and potatoes in it.
- 2 onions cut into half rings, fry in butter with the addition of sunflower until golden brown, at the end pour 150 g of chicken broth into the pan and simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Put the prepared potatoes in a deep container.Meat can be left in whole pieces, and can be separated from the bones and divided into small pieces. Mix chicken with potatoes. Add the chopped garlic.
- Dough pellets can also be cooked at home, but to save cooking time, you can buy ready-made noodles in the form of lozenges.
- In the boiling broth we throw the tortillas, cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. We fold the ready dough into a colander and mix it in a separate bowl with a small amount of fried onion (so that the cakes do not stick together).
- Now combine all the ingredients. We take a large plate, beautifully spread the cakes, top with a pile pour the meat with potatoes and pour the broth with the stewed onions. If you wish, you can decorate the dish with greens.
Beshbarmak with chicken will turn out so tender, juicy and tasty that in the future this oriental dish will become your traditional dish that you will prepare not only on holidays, but also on weekends. And soon you will be able to create a classic version of the national nomad dish in your kitchen.
Submersible pump from the pump of a washing machine
We sew a developing napkin for the baby
How to make a green roof
Tilda the Bunny
Savory Chicken Legs
10 Examples of using a perforated shelf in an interior