How to cook delicious turbo fish?
No full diet, even dietary, can not do without fish. Sea and oceanic specimens deservedly enjoy immense love due to more tender and fatty meat and a small number of bones. A representative of the flatfish family, the turbot, also called a large rhombus and a sea pheasant, belongs to them. Even the beginning hostess will be able to master a tasty and juicy dish from it, and the variety of recipes allows everyone to choose the most acceptable option.
Secrets of the selection and preparation of the product
Although the taste of turbot is almost impossible to spoil, experienced chefs advise you to follow a few simple recommendations:
- If you have a choice, preference should be given to specimens caught in the Mediterranean or oceanic expanses. In second place is the Baltic large rhombus. The Black Sea turbot closes the rating, the meat of which, according to reviews, is characterized by lower juiciness and greater rigidity.
- It is better to buy fresh carcasses stored on ice.When purchasing frozen fish, it is important to take care of proper defrosting in order to preserve the greatest number of useful substances. Do it in the fridge during the day.
- When buying, you need to choose copies with a slight cucumber smell, as well as clear and clean eyes, without mucus and turbidity.
- It is better to ask the seller to gut the fish, after which the house will remain to wash the carcass under a running stream and dry thoroughly.
- In order to emphasize, and not kill the delicate fish taste, you should not overuse spices with salt when cooking. The best side dish will be boiled potatoes or baked or fresh vegetables. As for sauces, it is better to give preference to recipes, including dry white wines, low-fat yogurt, or fish broth.
Any heat treatment is great for working with a turbot - steaming and boiling, frying in a pan, grilling and in the oven.
Sea pheasant baked with olives and cherry
To prepare four servings of this dish you will need:
- a large diamond, weighing about a kilogram;
- one hundred and fifty grams of tajar olives;
- cherry packaging;
- two garlic heads;
- sixty milliliters of any dry white wine;
- forty-five milliliters of vegetable oil, better than olive oil;
- salt and pepper.
Prepared fish to stuff it with olives and whole unclean teeth of one garlic head.
In a turbot, laid out on a baking sheet, make two semicircular cuts from the head to the tail section and two straight lines in the center. Add pepper and salt, not forgetting that salty taste is already typical for meat of sea specimens, therefore you should not be zealous. Carcass pour wine, and then - olive oil. Place around the tomatoes with garlic cloves and send the dish into the oven. Bake for at least half an hour at 200 ° C.
Big diamond in onion sauce with potato pillow
This simple recipe allows you to easily and quickly prepare a fish dish with a full garnish. A set of required products:
- two diamonds, weighing up to a couple of kilograms;
- forty-five milliliters of vegetable oil;
- a pack of ready Provencal herbal mixture;
- pepper with salt;
- ten potatoes;
- for a sauce: half a glass of broth from any fish, two onions, forty grams of creamy soft cheese, fifty milliliters of dry white wine,twenty milliliters of melted butter, half a cup of cream with a fat content of at least 10%, black pepper, a teaspoon of sugar and salt.
Sprinkle the fish a little and add plenty of Provencal mixture, including the internal abdominal area. For a quarter of an hour, you need to insist on the vegetable oil in a mix of Provencal herbs, adding salt with pepper. With the resulting marinade, sprinkle the peeled potatoes, cut into slices, and arrange it with a “pillow” on the baking sheet. Place a turbot over it. Heat up to 220 ° C oven and cook for an hour.
To make onion sauce, you will need to spasse small-sized onions, flavoring them with a spoon of sugar and melted butter. Having received onion golden color, you need to pour in alcohol and another five or seven minutes to put out mass. Add fish broth and cream cheese with salt.
Wait until the final melting of the cheese mixture, then remove the pan from the stove, cool the contents for a couple of minutes and transfer it to the blender. Pour in the cream and whisk. If desired, you can not achieve a completely homogeneous consistency, but leave pieces of fried onion for piquancy.Beat the whipped mix back on the stove, pepper and, making the minimum heat, warm to boil.
Serve the whole fish or divided into portions. Do not forget to pour plenty of sauce on top.
Sea pheasant in tomato "coat"
Who, like the inhabitants of the Mediterranean, best of all know how to cook the most delicate dish of sea creatures. Spaniards love to serve turbot with spicy tomato sauce.
To do this, take half a kilogram of fish fillets and pour it in a skillet with fish broth for at least a third. Pour the grated zest of one citrus, reduce the heat to minimum and boil for a quarter of an hour. Take out the fish and broth the broth.
Cut two hundred grams of onions in small cubes and save it to a golden brown skin in vegetable oil. Put half a tomato with boiling water, and after - with cold water, quickly remove the skin and finely chop. Sprinkle the tomatoes to the onion, adding:
- two tea spoons of sugar;
- half a spoonful of salt;
- tablespoon chopped basil;
- crushed garlic clove;
- a pinch of paprika;
- a quarter of dessert spoon of freshly ground black pepper.
At low heat, boil the mass to a state of thick puree.
Pour in a hundred milliliters of fish broth and stew until a homogeneous mixture is formed. Fill the turbot with steaming sauce and cover with a lid, let it brew for at least forty minutes. When serving, garnish with lemon and fresh herbs.
Regardless of the option of the selected recipe, this delicate and juicy fish will firmly enter your diet, adequately decorating both the weekly and the most solemn table.
How to make horseradish and alcoholic tincture at home
Simple bottle case
Colored paper lemonade
How to hide batteries
Making a dual-slope roof