How to Make a Good Original Character
How to Create a Believable Role Playing Game World
With the rise in popularity of role-playing games across multiple and very distinct genres, there are significant challenges in creating a believable world for player characters to interact in. Time periods, religions, history, and other minutiae may be different. Creating a world that is believable is very important for players to get into the game!
Creating Your Own Role-Playing Game World
Map out your world.Geography doesn't seem important at first, but it tends to shape long periods of history. It will define your world's boundaries and shape the psychologies of its people. Which cities are seafaring? Which cities are landlocked? Which people were the first to receive foreigners?
Create a naming style for you world.Will everyone have names like Ulgar and Hemdall? Or will they be named Smith and Thatcher?
Create a "Bible" of your world with all of the important historical characters and events.Who were the big players when your world was created? A farmer who was martyred? An alien race that died out?
Decide who the characters that enter the world as players will be.Are they natives or travelers to a distant land? Decide who the characters they meet are, and how those characters' actions are shaped by their history and culture.
Decide on what the factions will be in your world.Decide why each faction exists, what they believe in, and who the members are.
Create a flow of events.Decide what big events will intervene in your world and when. When will the meteor strike Earth? At what time will Mt. Righteous finally unleash it fatal power?
QuestionHow can I get my friends to play with me?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerOnce you've made the game detailed enough, they may be interested & want to play. Try inviting them once you've shown them how cool it is.Thanks!
QuestionIs it possible to make my RPG gamemaster a "god," and can I intervene in the game?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerAbsolutely, this is a good way to interact with the characters, give them clues and information, bestow blessings and gifts, etc.Thanks!
QuestionShould my world have a countdown until something really bad happens?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerNo, but be sure that your world isn't boring. No one likes a world where nothing happens.Thanks!
QuestionCan I make my own book on this?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerOf course, you just choose when it starts, where it starts, and who it starts with.Thanks!
QuestionI have to make a school friendly RPG for a seminar, and I will be given a random topic to relate it to. How do I do this?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerTry making a change to your world or a major belief about this. If your topic was robotics, then you could have a world ruled by huge mechanical monsters.Thanks!
How do I make my own detailed MMORPG world?
- Create a few sample biographies of people who lived and died under the sun of your world. Who was successful? Who lived only a short life and why?
- Provide distinguishing features in your world at the various locations. For instance, an abandoned tower in one area and a bustling fish market in another.
- Imply that more is going on under the surface in your world than meets the eye. This will keep people interested.
- Above all, applicability. Applicability is the concept that, though your world is not necessarily allegorical, it has enough depth to mean different things to different people. In other words, everyone finds something that is important to them.
- Watch out for multiple characters that act exactly the same.
- Watch out for "that one town" phenomena where players are unable to remember the differences between one place and another.
- Come up with hooks that other games may not have
- Be sure to check that your cities don't have commons with another game.
Video: How To Create A Great Character
The Ultimate Grilled Cheese Recipe With Avocado and Tomato
How to Make a Plan to Start an Online Business
26 Street Style Stars Making the Case for SkippingMakeup
Gaspard Ulliel is Smoking Hot in the New Bleu de Chanel Film
25 Low Cal High Protein Mushroom Recipes
Guest post: How to start a business if you know nothing about business
Healthy Flavored Water Recipes for Weight Loss
Plan Healthy Meals for Your Family
Tested: BeautifulBreak Detox
How to Make Substitute Baking Powder
Caregivers Often Give Up Necessities to Cover Alzheimers Costs
DIY Holiday Gifts: 8 Amazing Ideas Anyone CanMaster
How to Reupholster Furniture