How to make horseradish and alcoholic tincture at home
Horseradish is a valuable vegetable. Its root has a sharp sharp smell and sweetish taste, which later becomes stinging. In combination with vinegar serves seasoning to dishes. I'll tell you how to cook horseradish at home, but first I'll pay a little attention to useful properties.
Horseradish is rich in vitamin "C", which makes it an excellent weapon against scurvy. The root contains many useful substances, vitamins, cellulose, resins and oils, which have a healing effect on the body. He normalizes the work of internal organs and prevents the development of many diseases. Now I propose to consider the technology of cooking hot seasoning.
I will consider a few popular and delicious step-by-step recipes for homemade horseradish. They are useful and will help diversify the menu.
Horseradish recipe with beets
- Horseradish - 200 g.
- Beet - 100 g.
- Table vinegar - 3 tablespoons.
- Water - 200 ml.
- Sugar - 1 spoonful.
- Salt - 1 spoon.
- We begin with marinade. In a small saucepan combine sugar, salt and vinegar, add water. I send it to the stove, I bring it to a boil and take it off.
- While the marinade is cooling off, I mix the beet and root with water, clean it and let it pass through a fine grater. I mix the ingredients, add the cooled marinade, mix it, spread it into a jar, close it with a lid and send it to the refrigerator till morning. The seasoning is ready.
How to cook marinated horseradish for the winter
- Horseradish - 500 g.
- Water - 500 ml.
- Vinegar - 250 ml.
- Sugar - 1.5 tablespoons.
- Salt - 1 spoonful.
- I cover the roots with water, clean it with a knife, spread it into a bowl, fill it with cold water and leave it for a day. If the root is freshly picked, I skip the procedure. After a day, drain the water, dry it and let it through a fine grater.
- I make a marinade. In a separate pot, pour two glasses of water, add salt and sugar, bring to a boil and add vinegar. As soon as the mixture re-boils, remove the container from the stove, fill in the shredded horseradish and swiftly mix.
- The next snack is laid out on small banks and covered with covers.I place the jars on the bottom of the pot, laid with a towel, add water, so that it covers almost up to the top glassware, bring it to a boil and sterilize for 20 minutes.
- After the time the banks are taken out of the boiling water, roll, turn upside down, wrap the blanket and leave for 6 hours. Without sterilization the product is stored in the refrigerator for 3 weeks. Sterilization increases the period to 2 years, which will be an excellent option for cooking for the winter.
How to make apple horseradish
- Apple - 4 pcs.
- Grated horseradish - 3 tablespoons.
- Sugar - 1 spoon.
- Lemon juice - 1 spoon.
- Grated peel half a lemon.
- I clean the apple, remove the core, cut into large pieces, add a little water, sugar and lemon zest. I cook on minimal heat, until it becomes soft.
- I cool the finished apple and blend it with a blender. The resulting mixture is combined with lemon juice and grated root. I serve with fish, meat or sausage products, for example, with beef goulash or homemade stew.
Cooking horseradish with tomatoes
- Tomatoes - 1 kg.
- Horseradish - 100 g.
- Garlic - 100 g.
- Salt - 1 spoonful.
- Sugar - 1 spoon.
- Horseradish I fill with water and peel, cut the tomatoes in half and remove the central rod, I peel the garlic. Prepared products are crushed in a blender, add sugar, salt and mix.
- The resulting mass of filled sterilized jars, roll up the lids and send it to the refrigerator. Shelf life reaches one year.
- Tomatoes - 2.5 kg.
- Horseradish - 350 g.
- Acetic essence - 2 tablespoons.
- Sugar - 2 tablespoons.
- Salt - 1.5 tablespoons
- Tomatoes along with horseradish water, cut into parts and pass through a meat grinder. I add garlic, crushed by the press, essence, sugar, salt. Stirring.
- The resultant mixture is filled with plastic bottles and stored in the refrigerator. Sometimes I roll a "horseradour" into a jar and send it to the cellar.
The recipes I've considered are simple and will not bring problems. Do homemade horseradish, complement them with crown dishes, experiment with ingredients and share the results in the comments.
Recipes of alcohol based horseradish tincture
Tincture on horseradish is a common alcoholic drink that enlightens the mind, strengthens the strength of the spirit, stimulates appetite and fills the body with vital energy.The original drink is made from an alcohol base, horseradish and honey, but there are options for using sugar, vanilla, cloves, hot pepper or ginger. If the tincture is cooked correctly, it tastes good and does not burn. There is no hangover from the "right" drink.
Vodka tincture with honey
- Vodka - 0.5 liters.
- Honey - 1 spoonful.
- Lemon juice - 2 tablespoons.
- Horseradish - 1 spine.
- Horseradish is cleaned, watered and cut into small blocks or I pass through a large grater. I send it to a liter jar, add lemon juice and honey, pour vodka, mix and insist for three days, stirring once a day.
- Ready tincture I pass through gauze and I pour on bottles. I obligatory give a few days to rest. It turns out a soft, yellowish hue drink, with a pleasant aroma. I recommend to use it for a good snack.
Tincture on horseradish with ginger
- Vodka is 2.5 liters.
- Horseradish - 300 g.
- Ginger - 150 g.
- Honey - 3 spoons.
- Carnation - 5 heads.
- Horseradish and ginger clean, water, crush dice and send to a three-liter jar along with honey and cloves.I pour vodka or moonshine, I leave in a dark place for 5 days.
- After the time has passed, I strain the tincture, pour it into bottles, plug it and send it to a dark place for a day to rest. Afterwards, the product is ready for use.
Contrary to simplicity, recipes allow you to prepare a tasty and rich tincture. If desired, you can experiment with the vodka base, used spices and ingredients.
Harness for the winter
If you recall the unique taste and useful properties of the root, it becomes clear why it is harvested for the winter and used for epidemics of influenza.
The native land of the plant is South-Eastern Europe, from where the root spread throughout the world. Since ancient times, people use it as a medicine and spicy seasoning.
Harvest in late summer. The whole leaves of the plant are washed, dried under a canopy, ground into powder, sent to a container and tightly clogged. The root is carefully excavated, cleaned of dirt and stored in a cellar in a box with wet sand. Before use, the root is soaked for 6 hours.
All the details of the technical characteristics of a chainsaw
Create a bottle of lilac from bottle plastic
How to insulate the attic of the house of mineral water
How to make an owl from plasticine