How to treat a runny nose in an infant?
Have you heard anything about the physiological rhinitis in young children? If the baby is not yet 2.5 months old, then a squishing nose will not always mean a disease. This fact must be known to parents in order not to harm the child.
What harm do you think! The thing is ... As soon as a baby is born, its mucosa does not work completely. And only on the 10th week, she begins to work in full. The body of the baby seems to be testing its work: on the "dry" state and the "wet" state. Parents' fears arise during the “testing” of the second state, although this is an ordinary stage in the development of a baby. And then the parents start treating a runny nose with all known methods. Moisture is removed, and the body, not knowing where it disappeared, begins to allocate it in more and more!
How to help an infant with physiological rhinitis
So, if the baby is not yet 2.5 months old, and besides moisture from the nose of other symptoms of the disease does not occur, most likely you are dealing with a physiological rhinitis. But what parents will be able to look at how their child is suffering! How to help him?
- So, first of all, parents are faced with the task of preventing the mucous from drying out, that is, retaining moisture, but helping the child to remove discomfort. For this house should not be very hot, the room should be well ventilated. The child needs moist and cool air (20-22 degrees). What to do with humidity? Well, if at home there is an aquarium. You can also use cups of water, humidifiers. Some moms and dads get very warm water into the bath and go with the baby to breathe there.
- It is also advised to bury 1 drop of breast milk for 2-3 days. It contains all the protective substances for the baby.
How to treat a runny nose in an infant
If, nevertheless, an infant has not a physiological rhinitis, but a real cold, then it is necessary to conduct a comprehensive treatment! What recommendations exist:
- Healing baths, if the child is not elevated body temperature. Prepare dry herbs of calendula, sage, yarrow and birch leaf. For the baby bath you need to take 25 grams of each grass, and for a large adult 50 grams. Pour boiling water over these herbs in a thermos and leave to infuse for 2 hours.Then make a bath for the child, in which the water temperature will be at least 37 degrees. You need to take a bath for 15-20 minutes daily for 5 days.
- In no case should you wash the nose of an infant with a cold! But you can drip saline into the spout, so you will not harm your beloved baby. In each nostril, bury half a pipette of saline several times a day. If you did not find it on hand, dilute 1 teaspoon of salt in 1 liter of boiled water, there will be something like saline.
- In the same way, you can bury infants of medicinal herbs with a cold in a head cold. Mix calendula and yarrow. Take from the collection of herbs 1 teaspoon and brew in 1 cup boiling water, leave to infuse for 20 minutes. Bury in the cooled form as well as saline: half a pipette in both nostrils several times a day.
It is not recommended to use drugs for the treatment of rhinitis in infants. Salin and Euphorbium can lead to otitis due to fluid entering the Eustachian tube in the ear, so their use is possible only with a year. Nazivin for babies removes mucus at the very beginning, and then causes swelling of the nasal mucosa, which makes breathing very difficult.
Marathon runners vs sprinter: who is better in bed
Topavenue.ru CO - club service for regular customers, profitable and convenient
How do bees find their way home
Hello, Alexandra. Tell me, please, which courses are better to take in order for the training management to work
Application and medicinal properties of fennel seeds
Blue Embroidered Napkin Bouquet
Jaundice in newborns: causes and effects