Tarte Tatin - simple, but very tasty dessert
Apple pie is a simple, popular and loved by many delicacy. And it can be prepared in a very unusual way. Learn how to make exquisite Tarte Tatin.
What it is?
Tarte Tatin is a delicious dessert that belongs to French cuisine and is an apple pie, but turned upside down or turned inside out. The traditional recipe involves pre-caramelization or roasting the filling in butter with sugar. Apples are commonly used, but you can choose another ingredient, such as pineapples, plums, peaches, pears, and even vegetables.
There is a legend, according to which the creators of the recipe were the owners of the hotel, the sisters Caroline and Stephanie Tatin. And there was a dessert in the 80-ies of the XIX century in Lamotte-Bevron. Stephanie was preparing the cake, but she forgot to make a base of dough and put the pre-caramelized apples right in the shape.
And in order not to alter the dainty, she decided to just cover the filling with dough and bake it all.And such an unusual cake turned out so much the guests liked that it became incredibly popular. But the sisters did not assign a name to their dessert and did not publish recipes, and the owner of the Maxim restaurant, who included it in the menu of the restaurant, brought him special fame.
How to cook?
How to cook the famous and incredibly tasty Tarte Tatin. There are many different recipes, and the most interesting ones will be discussed below.
The most common and traditional is Tart Tatin with apples, and for its preparation you will need:
For short pastry:
- 170 grams of butter;
- about 250 g of flour;
- 15 g sugar;
- 30 ml of water;
- one yolk.
- 800-900 g of sweet and juicy apples;
- 7-9 Art. l. Sahara;
- 120 g of butter;
- one lemon;
- a quarter tsp cinnamon
- First you need to make a dough. Cold butter cut into cubes. Sift the flour, mix it with the hands with butter, do not forget to add sugar and salt. Then enter the yolk and three tablespoons of ice water, replace the elastic dough, wrap it in film and send it in the fridge for about half an hour.
- Apples need to get rid of cores and skins (if it is dense), cut into slices and pour juice of one lemon.
- Melt 120 g of butter with sugar in a skillet, immerse apple slices in this boiling mixture and simmer on low heat for about fifteen minutes.
- The shape of the oil, put in it caramelized apples.
- Remove the dough and roll it into a round layer, the size corresponding to the shape.
- Cover with a layer of apples, send the dessert to an oven preheated to two hundred degrees and bake for forty minutes. Turn the shape over to move the treat to a tray or a plate.
- Classic Tarte Tatin ready.
You can make no less delicious French Tarte Taten with plums. Here is what you need:
- half a glass of sugar or powder;
- 160 g of flour;
- two eggs;
- a bag of vanilla;
- half acres. baking soda.
- two art. l. Sahara;
- 500 g plums;
- 15 g butter;
- 20-30 ml of cognac or rum.
- Take the dough. Squirrels need to be separated from the yolks. The latter whisk with sugar to make a nearly white air mass. Enter into it a soft butter, once again, everything is well shaken. Add baking powder to the mixture, or baking soda beforehand. Then slowly and gradually introduce flour.Whisk the whites separately and gently combine with the other ingredients. The mixed dough should be rolled and for thirty minutes cleaned in the refrigerator.
- Now stuffing. Plums must be cut in half, removing the bones. Melt the butter in a skillet or saucepan, add sugar and brandy to give a unique flavor. Caramelize the plums in this mixture for a few minutes.
- Lubricate the form with a small amount of oil, put plums into it. Roll the dough into a layer and cover it with stuffing.
- Bake Tarte Tatin at 190 degrees for about half an hour. The test can be tested with a toothpick, but the cake should remain gentle and soft.
This recipe involves the use of pears as a filling. Prepare these foods:
For the test:
- 80-90 grams of butter;
- 180 grams of flour;
- two art. l. Sahara;
- a little salt.
- 8 medium pears (not soft, but preferably hard);
- 150 g of sugar;
- 70 g of butter.
Description of preparation:
- Flour with softened butter should be ground. Then add the egg, sugar and salt, knead the plastic dough. He wrap it in a bag or film and take it to the refrigerator for forty minutes.
- Take care of the filling.Peel the pears, remove the cores. Cut the fruit into slices. In the tank in which you will bake the cake, melt the butter, enter the sugar and stir everything. Immerse the plums in this mixture and simmer them for about ten minutes over low heat. In this case, the composition should darken and turn into caramel.
- Remove the dough and roll it into the formation in accordance with the capacity in which the pears are caramelized. Cover the filling and send the dessert to bake at 190 degrees for about half an hour.
Another unusual option is Tarte Tatin with bananas.
The list of components is as follows:
- half a pack of butter;
- 230 g of flour;
- 40 ml of water;
- four art. l. Sahara;
- a little salt.
- three bananas;
- 80 g butter;
- half a cup of sugar.
- To make shortbread dough, pre-sifted flour with your hands or using a blender, rub with butter. Add salt, egg, sugar and very cold water to the mixture, knead the elastic dough, which should be rolled up and put into the refrigerator for thirty to forty minutes.
- Then make caramel. Melt butter in a skillet, add sugar and simmer the mixture so that it darkens slightly and thickens.Put bananas peeled and cut into slices in it, caramelize them in just a couple of minutes.
- Grease the baking pan with butter, put the bananas in it along with the caramel. Take out the dough, roll out and completely cover the filling with the resulting layer.
- Bake the cake in an oven preheated to 190 degrees for half an hour.
- Banana Tarte Tatin is ready, serve it warm.
How to make a spinner
And all the croissants: Flying recovered at the Cannes Film Festival
How to create a Cinemagraphs effect, TOP 20
How to spell first
Self-leveling floors: advantages and disadvantages
Skin care rules
How to marinate boletus for the winter - marinating recipe