The gate from a metal profile the hands: the order of performance of work
In order for the gate from the metal profile to turn out neat, durable and durable, when assembling it with your own hands, it is important to choose the right materials and to follow the prescribed technologies to perform the work precisely.
Before proceeding with the assembly of such a design, of course, you need to make a detailed drawing of it. The height of the wicket from the metal profile is usually equal to the height of the gate and the fence itself. The width of it, of course, must be such that it is convenient to pass through it later. Most often, the supporting pillars of the gates from metal profiles are spread to a width of 1-1.1 m.
The design of these gates can be very different. For example, arched structures of this type look very attractive, finished with professional sheets in combination with wrought-iron grilles or, for example, polycarbonate or wood.But with your own hands, of course, the easiest way is to make an ordinary rectangular gate, fully lined with metal profiles.
Professional sheet - the material is quite durable. But with shock loads, unfortunately, it can easily be deformed. Therefore, on the frame of the gates, sheathed in such a sheet, relies stiffeners. Such elements additionally strengthen the structure framework itself.
The stiffeners can be placed in the frame of the wickets in different ways. For a construction with a height of no more than 2 m, usually only one such element is provided and it is welded exactly in the center. If the wicket leaf has a greater height, most often two more diagonally are welded in the upper and lower sectors between the central stiffener.
Selection of materials
Weld the frames of the gates of metal profiles, most often from a shaped tube. At the same time for the frame usually take the material section of 40x25 mm. It is desirable that the wall thickness of the pipe intended for the assembly of the wicket frame is sufficiently large. Otherwise it will be difficult to weld the hinges to the frame. Subsequently, these elements can simply come off along with the pipe wall.
It is best to take a profile pipe with a wall thickness of at least 3.5-4 mm for the wicket frame. Material for 2.5 mm can be used for this purpose. But in this case, the installation site of the loop in the future will have to be further strengthened with a metal corner.
The metal profile itself for the trim of the wicket frame should also be rather thick. Usually for this purpose they use the same material that was used during the installation of the fence itself. In most cases, wall metal profiles with a not too high wave height of 0.45–0.5 mm are used for erecting fences and assembling wickets.
The support posts of the wicket and fence are often also made of a shaped tube. In this case, a material with a section of 60x60 mm with a wall thickness of 4 mm is usually used.
Installation of pillars
These elements of the wicket structure, as in the construction of the fence itself, are installed according to this technology:
- with the aid of a garden drill, pits are made under the supporting pillars with a depth of 90-120 cm;
- at the bottom of the pits, a layer of sand 10 cm is poured with a tamper with water from a hose;
- crushed stone 20 cm high is piled on top of the sand cushion and is also rammed;
- a pole is installed in the pit, leveled vertically and is poured with concrete.
The most difficult thing when installing the wicket supports is to set the pillars strictly vertically. In order to facilitate this task for yourself, you can pre-weld the quadrilateral small stands to the supports below.
If the gate has a height of more than 2 m, a cross member should be welded between its supports from above. Thus, it is possible to reduce the load on the poles themselves and extend the service life of the input structure. If desired, the cross member can be installed at the bottom of the gate.
This procedure is performed with the obligatory use of the construction angle and level. The profile pipe is cut out according to the drawn up drawings, after which the frame elements are laid out on a flat surface in the form of a rectangle.
In order to make the gate assembled with your own hands, in the subsequent look more aesthetic, the ends of the vertical and horizontal frame elements should be cut at an angle of 45 °. Connect the elements of the frame into a rectangle of approximately the following technology:
- on a flat spot plot spread a rectangle of timber;
- wicket frame elements are put on top of it;
- align vertical and horizontal pipe lengths using angle and level;
- pointwise, using an inverter welding machine, grab the corners of the frame;
- again check the design for evenness with the obligatory measurement of the diagonals;
- weld the seams finally.
Next, you will need to weld the central transverse reinforcing bar. Then, if necessary, diagonal stiffeners are mounted. For this:
- sections of appropriate length separated from the pipe are laid out on top of the frame in the right places;
- a scriber marks the junction points;
- pipe sections are cut and welded inside the frame.
After the frame is welded, it, of course, needs to be painted. Subsequently, this will significantly extend the service life of the gate.
You can hang a metal profile gate, since it has a significant weight, you should, of course, have sufficiently strong hinges. Most often, turned metal elements with a diameter of up to 30 mm are used for this purpose.
With the height of the wicket in 2 m, the loops are usually placed above and below at a distance of 175 cm from each other.The operation of welding these elements is performed as follows:
- install the gate in the opening and fix in this position;
- mark the location of the loops on the support column and on the wicket frame;
- remove the frame from the opening;
- the top loop is point-grabbed by the bottom edge and carefully moved away from the rack at a distance of about 3 mm;
- they also grab the upper part of the loop;
- fill the gap formed between the loop and the support by welding;
- weld the lower loop.
Further, according to the same technology, loops are welded to the wicket frame. The hinges should be mounted on the frame in such a way that the lower edge of the frame is subsequently located at a distance of at least 10 cm above the ground. Otherwise, the gate during operation will be poorly closed.
Installing the latch and handle
These elements are usually fixed at a distance of 90 cm from the lower edge of the frame. Insert lock is as follows:
- narrow holes for lock are made in the end of the vertical tube of the frame;
- welded from sheet metal protective box in accordance with the size of the lock;
- insert the lock into the pipe and fix its mounting plate to the frame end with self-tapping screws;
- put the box on the lock and grab it to the frame;
- unscrew the screws and remove the lock from the box;
- put the lock on top of the box and perform the markup under the larva and the axis of the handle;
- cut the corresponding holes in both walls of the box;
- they insert the lock into the box and finally fix it to the frame stand;
- weld the joints between the box and the vertical frame stand.
At the next stage, holes are drilled for the handle and the lock in the gate support. Then at the end of the support mount decorative strip.
Covering the gate with a professional sheet
After the framework of the wicket from the metal profile is assembled, you can proceed to its trimming. Professional sheet should be pre-cut to the size of the frame. When performing this operation it is necessary, among other things, to make cuts under the hinges, as well as openings for the larva and the axis of the handle of the lock.
The metal profiles are attached to the wicket frame using roofing hex-head self-tapping screws. When fixing the canvas on the frame, it is necessary to position these elements in steps of one wave, and in length in steps of 20-30 cm.
It is necessary to fasten the metal profile not only to the main frame elements, but also to the central stiffener. Screws for fixing the web should be used with heads of the same color as the profiled sheet itself.In this case, the subsequent gate will look more aesthetic.
After the wicket cloth is ready, you can start hanging it. Perform this procedure no earlier than 2 weeks after the installation of supports. Concrete pillars must gain sufficient strength, otherwise the gate can skew.
If the hinges were welded correctly to the frame and the support post, it would not be difficult to install the wicket door. After performing this operation, the handle must be fastened to the canvas and the lock. At this assembly of the wicket from the metal can be considered over.
We decorate the alarm with luminous wire
How beautiful to smile