Tip 2: Why, when and how to introduce child nutrition?
By about 6 months, the baby's need for energy and nutrients increases. One breast milk or mixture is not enough for the rapid activity and growth of the young body, and the mother has an additional “headache” - lure.
In fact, everything is not so difficult. The main thing is not to get lost in the sea of controversial information about the system of dating adult food. Let's follow the recommendations of WHO - after all, these are the opinions of experts from around the world. Nevertheless, treat the implementation of recommendations as recommendations, and not as a clear guide to action. Do not forget that all children are different, mothers are not robots, and everyone lives in different conditions.
Where to start? Perhaps with signs of readiness for a new food:
- your sun already has 6 months
- it is interesting to him that you pick at ease
- he has the first tooth - an assistant in the development of a new menu
- the baby is healthy and does not suffer from the cutting of the next tooth
- child's weight doubled compared with birth weight
- the pushing out reflex disappeared, because of which the kid pushed with his tongue everything hard that fell into his mouth
- it seems he is no longer fed on milk alone.
First Food - not fast food
And here you understand that “it is time”, and the second question arises: what to feed? Here the opinions of pediatricians vary greatly, but the most popular approach is to start feeding with vegetables and cereals. Kashi - if not gained in weight, vegetables - if everything is good with a weight or even too much. If you have a good pediatrician in charge who you can trust, consult with him. He can advise what is right for your child.
The choice is approximately as follows:
- Vegetables - green, boiled, not allergens: zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower
- Kashi - without gluten and milk: rice, buckwheat, corn
- Next, fruit purees are introduced, then you can move on to new types of vegetables, yolk, cottage cheese, meat puree, and closer to 12 months - to fish.
- After a year, the baby may begin to eat from the common table, but again, within reason.
Suppose you started with vegetable puree and chose the first dish “zucchini a la fresh”. We increase the daily dosage from half a teaspoon to the size of one full feeding in 5-7 days. After that go to the cauliflower.We give it from the minimum portion, and we reduce the portion of the zucchini every day. You can add a couple of drops of vegetable oil or breast milk to vegetables. With my mother's milk, the taste is dearer and more pleasant.
For a month, the vegetables will "take root", you can go to porridges and so on. Already loved product can be transferred to the afternoon meal, as well as mix something new with something proven.
Rules of the "Reception" of children
- The purpose of complementary foods is not to replace breast milk, but to supplement it. If your baby prefers breasts, do not be discouraged and do not insist on large portions of new food.
- If you have not yet given the child water, then you must add supplementation with the supplements.
- Do not push food forcibly. Only your baby knows whether he ate or not. Turned away from the spoon? Leave the plate and give the chest.
- We add the following type of complementary foods after 3-4 weeks after the previous one (three weeks vegetables, switching to cereals, four weeks from cereals, switching to fruits, etc.)
- A new product should be “fed” in the morning and followed up with the reaction of the child’s body.
- First try one component in the composition, and then its mixture with something.
- You should not use salt, sugar and spices, although some pediatricians (for example, Komarovsky EG) recommend adding salt in hot weather.
- If a “newcomer” has a reaction in the form of a rash, diarrhea or constipation, stop giving this product, but try it in a few more months. Perhaps for him the time has not come yet.
- A slight breakdown of the stool or bloating is not an allergy, but the normal behavior of the body after changing the usual menu.
How to cook it?
Purchased vegetable or fruit puree is heated in a water bath and warm, about 37 degrees Celsius.
Vegetables are boiled in water and minced in a blender to a uniform consistency. Serve warm and pretend that it is very tasty.
Cereals for porridge pray in a coffee grinder. They boil in water, you can add breast milk after cooking.
Fruits are rubbed on a special grater or warming up again to a uniform consistency. Sweet taste is usually popular with babies.
Meat is also cooked and mashed. You can mix it with vegetables.
Canned food is often recommended by pediatricians as better and more balanced. It is believed that the way it is - if you believe the manufacturer. It is advisable to make sure that:
- vegetables are grown in a season in an ecologically clean area
- nature worked on their composition, not the chemical industry
- Do not try to feed a three-month-old baby with pap, because your neighbor already gives it to your child. If your child feels well after serving milk or a mixture, does not become naughty and gains weight, then the baby does not remain hungry.
- In order to like a new product, sometimes you need from 7 to 15 attempts. Give it a try, but don’t insist on an “empty plate”. In the following times also do not force to eat up. After some time, the baby will fall in love with both an unleavened zucchini and a sour apple.
- Want your baby to eat right? Start with yourself. If you crunch chips with appetite and wash them down with soda, do not expect your son to be in awe of broccoli. Set the right example.
- The food should look beautiful, appetizing, interesting. Engage your fantasy. A creative approach can intrigue and make tasteless tasteful.
- Do not rush to give it all at once. If you are patient and responsibly approach the selection of “adult nutrition” products, this will strengthen the health and speed up the development of your baby.
Plaster bucket-hopper: description, purpose, instructions, reviews
How to be happy in marriage
RTI have become more accessible
We sew coasters for hot lovers
How to order flowers from a distant country
40 Truly magnificent carpets that you can make yourself