We sew simple dresses - patterns, reminders ...
You have decided to sew a dress, but do not know where to start? Let's try to help. We will not argue that this is a very simple matter, but not such a complicated one! Our advice will help you to cope with it. After all, Gods do not burn pots. So, let's begin.HOW TO SEW A DRESS: FROM WHAT TO START.
Model selection. For the first time, choose a simple dress model. It is less than connecting and decorative seams, details. Stop your gaze on concise things. Beauty is in simplicity. Do not forget about the bright and stylish accessories, they complement the image.
The choice of fabric.The fabric must match the purpose of the dress and be attentive! easy to work with. That is, do not cause additional difficulties in the processing of seams, ironing. Textured dressing, nap fabrics, chiffon, natural silk ... they are all very beautiful, but they will create a lot of unnecessary problems with the risk of throwing the failed masterpiece into the far corner. Suppose, for the first time, it will be without a pattern that requires alignment at the seams.
Butt.By this is meant all the extra materials that are required to sew your dress. This is glue (flizelin, doublerin), hem, zippers (for the first time we advise you to choose models, preferably without it, because it's nice and correct to handle the zipper, and even more so - secret, not every novice can. , or practice on an unnecessary piece of cloth.), lining, fittings, threads, etc.
Pattern.How to sew a dress without a pattern? For a beginner, the task is complicated. Even if the dress consists of a rectangle, it is not an abstract rectangle. He is attached to a particular figure with the help of measurements, and to the model of the dress - proportions and details. Therefore, the pattern is still needed!
Simple dress patterns:
For these simple dresses, the pattern is based on a rectangle, and is based on measurements taken from the figure. The dress is large enough, oversize, the sizes shown in the figure correspond to 42-50 rubles.
Look, what an original dress! Here the fabric print comes to the fore. The dress pattern is extremely simple. There is a rule of good taste - the brighter, more decorative the material, the simpler the style should be.
For those who like a non-trivial approach to creating clothes, this solution will be interesting. Dress - a tunic of rectangles sewn together. This simple dress looks very stylish if it is made of thin suede, or from the material "under suede."
READY PATTERN DRESSES.
If you have a finished dress pattern, then consider - you have already done half the work. A good pattern increases your chances to get a new thing at times! We have clear patterns on our website for easy-to-wear dresses for beginners and for those who have experience in tailoring.
Pay attention not only to the photo of the dress, but also to the technical drawing. He will help you more clearly understand how you can use the finished pattern, adapting it to your image. After all, it is no secret that the stitched on one pattern, but from different fabrics, dresses look different.
For example, is -absolutely wonderful dress.
In the photo - a model in a dress with open shoulders from Fendi. Fendi is a world famous Italian brand, founded in 1925. It is considered the personification of taste and style. Clothing brand is popular on the catwalks, in everyday life and on the set.At different times, the designers of the company designed costumes for such famous films as La Traviata, Once Upon a Time in America, The Godfather and many others. We propose to sew a similar patty and try on the image from Fendi!
You can buy ready-made dress patterns with bare shoulders here. You can print it in full size on a regular printer. Available sizes for patterns - from 40 to 52.
Tailoring a dress on the finished pattern and, especially, with a detailed description of the technology will not cause much difficulty even for a beginner. Here the main thing is accuracy, accuracy and attentiveness. The result will not disappoint you, because this model is very relevant not only in summer, it can be sewn from elegant fabric, getting a beautiful evening dress.
The level of complexity of this model - the newcomer can handle it.
From the main material:
1. Before - 1 detail
2. Back - 1 detail
3. Lower backrest - 1 piece
4. The lower part of the front - 1 item
5. Sleeve - 2 pieces
6. Frill bottom sleeve - 2 parts
7. Sacking pocket - 4 pieces
8. Throat removal - 1 piece
When cutting to the details, you must add 1.5 cm seam allowances.
The average consumption of fabric for such a dress is 2.5 m (with a width of 140 cm).
Recommended fabrics- summer lightly draped lightweight fabrics made of cotton, viscose, silk and their combinations (it is advisable to decorate natural fabrics (wet them in water) before we open them, because sizes may change).
It will also need about 2.0-2.5 m of elastic band (elastic).
Sequence of sewing:
1. Fold the backrest parts with the shelf face up inward and leveling the cuts, stitch along the side seams. The allowances should be swept and pressed to the side of the gear part.
2. Also stitch the side sections of the sleeves. Allow iron and sweep allowances.
3. Fold the sleeves with the front and back along the armhole lines. Pre-sweep and then stitch. Allow to cut off up to 1 cm and sweep over.
4. To sew the details of the frills of the bottom of the sleeves and of the neck in the ring, to iron the allowances. Details ironed in half.
5. “Put on” the finished part of the frill neckline on the neck of the dress and align the cuts with a 1.5 cm stitch (Fig. 1, line 1). Overhangs and sweep over the frill detail. Then stitch the allowance for the detail of the frill, retreating from the seam of 1.2 cm (Fig. 1, line 2). Between the stitching and the seam there is a slide for the elastic.The line in the ring does not close, leave a distance of 2.5 - 3 cm long, in order to fit the gum.
6. To measure the circumference of the shoulders (each one individually), subtract 4-5 cm for elasticity. Pass through the drawstring and close the stitching into the ring.
7. On the sleeves to stitch frill on the principle of the neck.
8. On the front side of the front panel and the front side of the back panel, lay the pocket burlap parts face down, level the cuts and stitch them with a seam 1 cm wide (Fig. 2, lines 1 and 1 ') so that the lining of the pocket overlaps the line limiting the length of the entrance to the pocket, the width of the suture sewing sack pocket. Stitches over and zayuyvayut on the burlap pocket.
The lower section of the skirt is treated with a narrow (0.7 - 1.2 cm) suture under the bend. Suture ironed.
9. Fold the shelf and backrest parts to the front, equalizing the cuts, and connect along the shoulder seams.
10. Sew down the side seams of the skirt with a seam of 1.5 cm wide, while at the same time sewing the burlap pockets with bartacks at the beginning and end of the pocket (Fig. 2, line 2). Slices overcast, pocket ironed.
11. Stitch the bodice with the skirt (Figure 3, line 1). Allowance to cut to 1 cm, sweep.
12.Cut off the gum, measuring the waist circumference. Sew into the ring 1.5-2cm overlay. Stitch on the stock of the seam (Figure 3, line 2).
Knitted dress on a figure with a draperysurprisingly easy to sew, and looks very stylish. Here you need not lose money with the choice of fabric. Let the knitwear not be too liquid, but, nevertheless, softly drape and of good quality so that when the sock does not form pellets (natural threads should be the basis).
2 In 1: DISPLAY DRESS AND TOP WITH CUT-CHECK (Р-Р 40-60)
You can buy a finished dress pattern and top with a cut-out swing here. The pattern will be available in pdf format. You can print it in full size on a regular printer. Available sizes for the pattern - from 40 to 60. Each size is represented by 3 or 4 height, for the best fit on the figure.
Recommended fabrics - stretchable knitted fabric. The average consumption of fabric is 1.5 m for a dress, 0.85 m for the top (with a width of 140 cm). The difficulty level of this model is simple.
When ordering a pattern, you receive a pdf-file containing 1 sheet of A4 format with instructions for printing patterns and symbols, as well as 1 sheet of patterns, which, depending on the size,can be printed on several sheets of A4 format, after gluing which you will receive one large sheet with pattern outlines:
Details of cut of the dress (A) and top (B):
Shelf - 1 detail
Backrest - 1 piece (with fold)
When cutting, add allowances for 0.7 cm stitches, 1.2 cm along the neckline and armhole, 2 cm along the bottom line.
The average consumption of fabric is 1.5 m for a dress, 0.85 m for the top (with a width of 140 cm).
An example of the layout for the dress is shown on the left, for the top - on the right
Sequence of sewing:
1. Lay the double lines between the control signs, A and B, C and D, E and F (for the stamp - only between the E and F signs) on the shelf along the side seam at a distance of 0.5 cm from each other, the first line is allowances of the side seam, and the second - along the shelf, so that they are located on both sides of the side seam line of the product in finished form. Tie these lines with threads to the length indicated on the pattern, tie the ends of the threads.
*** If desired, you can make small folds instead of side seam assembly
2. Lay double stitches along the shoulder seams from the neckline to the G signs at a distance of 0.5 cm from each other, the first stitch along the shoulder seam allowances, and the second along the shelf, so that they are located on either side of the shoulder strap. the seam of the finished product.Tighten these stitches with threads to a length equal to the length of the shoulder sections of the back between the signs G and the neck, tie the ends of the threads.
*** If desired, you can make small creases instead of assemblies on the shoulder seam
3. Align the shelf and back along the shoulder seams, folded face up. Combine with a stitching-sifting seam (or simply stitch on the machine, and then sweep). Sewing is done from the back. Auxiliary lines, pulling together the assembly, remove. Iron seam allowance.
4. To process the armholes of the product. To do this, bend the seam allowances in the armhole area (between the control marks), and then treat it with a seam with an open or closed cut (in the first case - pre-sweep).
5. Fold the shelf and back to the front, aligning it along the left side seam (without assemblies). To sweep, and then connect with a stitching seam (or stitch on a machine, then sweep over). Allow the seam to iron.
6. Fold the shelf and back with the front sides, aligning them along the right side seam (with the assemblies), observing the combination of check marks on the shelf and back. To sweep, and then connect with a stitching seam (or stitch on a machine, then sweep over). The line is performed from the back.The assembly should be located at the bottom, because otherwise, when sewing, the presser foot can move the fabric, due to which the uniformity of the assembly can be broken. Auxiliary lines, the assembly is removed. Allow the seam to iron.
7. Cut out the product to bend and seam in the bend with a closed cut.
8. Bend the bottom of the product and seam it with an open or closed cut (in the first case, sponge it over).
HOW TO SLEE A DRESS WITHOUT HAVING A READY PICK.
If you want to go all the way to create the selected dress yourself, then it is possible.
For example, let's take a model of a dress like on the inimitable Italian and the legislator of Street Style Giovanna Battaglia. It is really very stylish.
Make a pattern for him is not difficult even for a beginner. Let's take a closer look.
To model you need a base pattern semi-adjacent silhouette. You can create it by any method of constructing patterns. Of course, this will take you a lot of time, but if you plan to continue to sew for yourself, then you need such a framework, without it you simply cannot. By the way, it is recommended, also, to detach the probe from the base of an unnecessary piece of fabric, after fitting which, take into account all the errors in the construction, correcting the pattern-base.
Simulation is shown on the basis of a semi-adjacent silhouette specially to keep the breast tuck.
- side seams need to be straightened,
- the breast tuck is transferred from the shoulder line to the side seam line, under the armhole. To do this, cut along the marked line from the side seam to the top of the tuck, not reaching a couple of mm, close the tuck in the shoulder and it will open under the armhole. more about moving darts here. Stamping out the dash is necessary, not reaching the center of the chest by 2 cm, reducing it to none. That is, shorten the tuck length by 2 cm.
If you allow the figure to make a dress more flattened silhouette, then you can use the pattern, the basis of a straight silhouette, then the modeling and do not need.
Sew this dress is not difficult, but the finish will take time and perseverance. Braid ala Chanel, which gives a special chic to the image, can be made with your own hands. Look at the photo. The work is certainly painstaking, but creative. And what is the result!
By the way, with a pattern-basis, you can also sew yourself a basic dress, which, as you know, is necessary in the wardrobe of any woman. Slightly changing the neckline or armhole, making the dress cut off for thallium, adding a sleeve - you get a model to your liking.
Now change the pattern slightly.For example, we will make relief lines, deepen and expand the neck, as in the first photo.
- 1 step. We translate tuck chest and shoulder in the armhole. To do this, we outline relief lines coming from the armhole lines through the waist thrust to the bottom of the dress. Cut and open the tuck in the armholes of the back and front. Read more about the translation of the darts in this article.
- 2 step. Correct relief lines more smoothly. Extend and tighten the dress at the side seams. Add the slot. Spline width 4 cm.
- 3 step. It remains to deepen and expand the line of the neck according to the model.
Modeling patterns, as you can see, is not difficult. You can also make the neck of the boat, as in the second photo, or V-shaped.
Adjustment of the neckline can be carried out directly during the fitting, without changing the position of the line on the pattern itself. And the details of processing (facing, lining) cut using the details of the top, ie, the main details of the dress.
MEMO: HOW TO SEW A DRESS.
For success and quality in the manufacture of the product, always follow certain rules of sewing technology.
- before cutting, roll (iron through a wet ironing) cloth, fold the edge to edge in half, the front part inside. Spread out on a flat surface, table, fold away.
- on the fabric lay out the prepared parts of the pattern, circle around the contour with a piece of chalk or a remnant, add allowances for the seams, which you mark parallel to the cuts of the parts. Check whether everything is correct. Cut along the lines of allowances.
- sweep darts, shoulder, side seams. Try it on. If there are changes, correct. Proceed directly to the tailoring.
- the assembly of the product is always carried out after preliminary preparation of smaller parts. That is, first they prepare the collar, pockets - grind and iron, sleeves - process the cuffs, stitch to the sleeve, assemble the sleeve head for assembling, preparing it for inserting into the armhole.
- harvested back - process darts, coquettes, folds, all ironed. Shelf - tucks, assemblies, coquettes, tweaking pockets ... all ironed. In general, every seam, after grinding on the machine, must be ironed. This is a very important rule, observing it, you will receive, guaranteed, a better quality thing than the one that only at the end of sewing. Checked!
- and only after that proceed to the assembly. We stitch shoulder seams, we iron.
- we grind side - we iron. Do not forget about the processing of slices.
- we insert a collar, sleeves. Hem down.
Summarizing the lesson material, I want to say - if you decide to sew a dress, you should definitely sew, but try to make the sewing process as easy as possible. Do not complicate! With the help of basic or ready-made patterns, as well as patterns requiring small changes, according to your style, this can be done much faster and better than starting from scratch. For this and there are projects such as ours. We try to make the sewing process more convenient and enjoyable.
Cozy beds in a niche - Alcove TOP 20
How to find English text
How to sew bed linen yourself and how to calculate fabric consumption
How to choose a toilet for children
Cap with braids and pompon
How to build a shopping book
How to choose a bed in a bedroom